Following the release of unc0ver v3.5.0 for iOS 12.4 jailbreak by the iOS hacker Pwn20wnd today, it was break through for the jailbreak community after the fruit company patched the later betas of IOS 12.3. Jailbreak community is so overwhelmed about this development, its another huge lose and disappointment to the Cupertino company.
Unc0ver now jailbreaks all iOS 11 firmware versions along with iOS 12.0-12.3 beta 1! Originally supporting only iOS 11.0-11.4 beta 3, it has been updated with new exploits, and now covers iOS 11.0-12.23 beta 1 and iOS 12.4.
As the jailbreak built with Cydia Substrate and a Saurik-approved upgrade to the Cydia app, it’s our recommendation for users looking to set their iOS 11 and 12 gadgets free.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use unc0ver to jailbreak your compatible devices with the unc0ver jailbreak tool by Pwn20wnd.
The current release version of unc0ver is v3.5.0 which supports iOS 11.0-12.3 beta 1 and iOS 12.4. If you would prefer to use Electra for iOS 11 or Chimera for iOS 12, and don’t mind using Sileo and Substitute instead of Cydia and Cydia Substrate, then you can follow our tutorials for jailbreaking with Electra or for jailbreaking with Chimera instead.
Here’s how to jailbreak with unc0ver
1) Download the most recent version of unc0ver from Pwn20wnd’s GitHub page.
2) Download Cydia Impactor on your computer and launch it.
3) Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer with an MFi-certified Lightning cable.
Note: Cydia Impactor should recognize your device after you plug it in. If it doesn’t, then “Trust” your computer from your computer via the pop-up on your device, and vice-versa.
4) Click and drag the unc0ver.ipa file to the Cydia Impactor window like so:
5) Sign in with your Apple ID when prompted:
6) Cydia Impactor will now begin side-loading the unc0ver jailbreak app on your device:
7) Once installed, go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management and tap on your Apple ID:
8) Next, tap on the blue Trust button, and then tap on the red Trust button inside the popup that appears:
Note: Before proceeding to the next step, enable Airplane Mode, disable your passcode/Touch ID/Face ID, disable Siri, and reboot your device. Taking these additional steps isn’t mandatory, but seems to increase the tool’s success rate.
9) After taking the recommended steps above to prepare your device, tap on the unc0ver icon from your Home screen:
10) Next, tap on the blue Jailbreak button in the unc0ver app:
Note: the tool will begin jailbreaking your device; it should respring afterward.
12) Once finished, you’ll find Cydia on your Home screen, like so:
Note: If you don’t see Cydia after jailbreaking with unc0ver, then reboot and re-launch the unc0ver jailbreak app and keep trying until it works.
That’s all there is to it. You now have a jailbroken handset by way of unc0ver.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- How to Enable Portrait Mode on iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, and iPhone 8
- Chimera First True iOS 12 Jailbreak For A12 devices
- iPod Touch review 7th-gen, do you still need an iPod in 2019?
- How to Install Cydia on Chimera A12 Jailbreak
- How to use your MacBook safely in public