Unc0ver has been updated to add iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, new iPad Pro jailbreak support on iOS 12, 12.1.1 and 12.1.2. Here are the details.
There’s been some recent bad news with the realization that Apple has stopped signing iOS 12.1.1 beta 3, a version of iOS that many people were using to downgrade and then jailbreak their iOS devices. There is, however, some better news following the release of a new version of unc0ver today with partial support for some new hardware.
This new release brings with it partial support for Apple devices using A12 and A12-X CPUs which means iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone XS Max, and the 2018 iPads are all now fair game. Previously, those devices were not able to be jailbroken.
According to the release notes, there are a few changes that have gone into this release including the aforementioned A12 and A12X support.
This new beta release is now available for download from github.com/pwn20wndstuff/Undecimus/releases, and while it is showing a considerable rate of development it’s still important to remember that his is indeed a beta. Problems are likely, so make sure that you have everything backed up to a degree that you’re comfortable with before proceeding.
As of this update, and so long as you’re using iOS 12 through iOS 12.1.2, you’re good to go with your most recent Apple iPhone and iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Huawei beats Apple to become second-largest smartphone mak
- Microsoft to hold HoloLens 2 press event next month
- Rumor Suggests iOS 13 Will Drop Compatibility for iPhone 5s Through iPhone 6s
- Apple Now Promoting iPhone XR and iPhone XS Trade-Ups With Monthly Payment Option
- Apple Watch Leads in Rapidly Growing Smartwatch Market by 61.3 percent market share