This is according to Don McGuire, Vice President of Global Product Marketing for Qualcomm, who made the comments on the Mobile Tech podcasts recently.
The move will be enabled by a new chipset which will slot in below the Snapdragon 8cx, provisionally called the Snapdragon 7cx.
McGuire noted “There will soon be cheaper Snapdragon laptops available on both Windows and Chrome OS,” with the devices ranging between $300 and $800 with the new platform arriving “in the coming months.”
McGuire noted that wider penetration of Windows 10 on ARM PCs was needed to stimulate developer interest, and revealed that Google has scaled back their Windows 10 on ARM native Chrome team due to current limited adoption. This will hopefully change with cheaper devices becoming more available.
You may also like to check out:
- Galaxy Note 10 coming in August without any physical keys!
- Unc0ver iOS 12 Jailbreak For iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, New iPad Pro Released
- Windows 7 extended support, Microsoft pricing
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Pros and Cons, Here is Everything You Could Like To Know
- Apple considered Samsung, MediaTek to supply 5G modems for 2019 iPhones